Monday, February 23, 2009

Journal Tryouts: "For $5,000, I WILL Get You On Law Review"

Forwarded to us by another tipster, as contrarian advice to ours re: journal tryouts. Usual autoadmit disclaimers apply:
Subject: For $5,000, I will get you on Law Review
Date: February 23, 2009 10:21 AM
Author: [Redacted]

$2,500 down and $2,500 when you make the law review.

Overnight me copies of your competition materials and I will write you a paper that will likely get you on the law review.

For reference, I am on law review, I have been editing assignments all year, and I have published two articles. I guarantee that I can write a better paper than you.

Given that law review will likely come as close to guaranteeing you a job as you can get, this is a small investment.

Everything will be anonymous, you can do your own cover pages and whatnot. BTW, most law reviews are anonymously graded anyways, so you will have a number instead of your name. I will have you send the package to my PO Box in DC with a money order for $2,500 inside.

Additionally, you can use my submission to glean ideas from for the paper you are writing, like writing onto the law review with an experiences partner.

I can only do one law review competition in any given period of time so hurry up, spaces are filling fast!
Our thoughts: This would obviously definitely probably be a violation of the honor code so we're only re-posting it for comedic value. Also, this could just be a way to get grafted out of $2.5k. Honor code / public policy concerns aside, is this a valid offer? If you didn't make Law Review would you have standing to sue? Mitigation by making VIJIL (or VaSE ??)? What if guy is misrepresenting his credentials? Verily, this raises a quandry of legal issues.

Finally, what about the timeline? Can this guy really guarantee Law Review if you fedex him the materials (gets on Friday night - - - late) and he gets them back to you by Sunday? Will he do all the copying / collating / etc? What about the bluebooking part? The devil may be in the details . . .

Previously:
All Journal Tryouts, All The Time

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The question isn't whether people will try using this guy this year, the question is how many people used him last year?

Anonymous said...

New blog - http://wrongfuldischarges.blogspot.com/

Rule 12 (f) said...

k

Anonymous said...

Is that a blog about premature ejaculation?

Anonymous said...

I tried e-mailing the guy, he never responded. Guess I'm relegated to VaSEJ

justincredible said...

spamming for blogs = lame

Anonymous said...

A little off topic, Guys... I have a question. Today I looked at this site:
[url=http://www.rivalspot.com]Rivalspot.com - Xbox tournaments for money[/url]
They say you can play online Fight Night game tournaments on any console for cash... had anyone tried that before? Looks like a cool idea...
Are there any other sites where you can play sports games for real moneys? I Googled and found only Bringit.com and Worldgaming.com but it looks these guys don't specialize in sport gamez. Any suggestions?

Anonymous said...

A little off topic, Guys... I have a question. A week ago I discovered this site:
[url=http://www.rivalspot.com]Rivalspot.com - Wii Live Tournaments[/url]
They say you can play online FIFA Soccer game tournaments on any console for cash... had anyone tried that before? Looks like a cool idea...
Are there any other sites where you can play sports games for real moneys? I Googled and found only Bringit.com and Worldgaming.com but it looks these guys don't specialize in sport gamez. Any suggestions?