Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Our NYC Apartment Search is Really Taking Off

As many of you know, we will be in New York City next year. As many of you also know, the New York City rental market is . . . an interesting one. Last summer we got a great deal in the Upper West Side, except that somethings turned out to be not what we expected (e.g., the LL made us do chores to avoid having part of our security deposit withheld). Anyway, this deal - $1k in SoHo - seems to good to pass up:

$1000 1 BR in 3 BR ASAP! @@LOOK@@ (SoHo)


Date: 2009-09-22, 6:59PM EDT
Reply to: hous-zneuf-1387578642@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]


No credit cheak, no broker fee! Rent straight from me!

This apartment is located in SoHo in a 100+ year old building. The building is falling apart and may get condemned any day now, but eyyy, it is rent subsidized by the NYC government.

I pay about $450 per month for the apartment because it is rent subsidized, and make money off my roommates by subletting their rooms to them for $1k each. You don’t like it? I don’t care. Because I’m not really supposed to be doing this and it is against my lease agreement, you’ll need to pay me everything in cash. No checks, etc. Also, no mail to the apartment.

We have a washer and dryer in the place, but sometimes it eats your clothes. Oh, and I'll use your detergent sometimes. Try and hide it in your room? I'll find it! But hey, you can use my cheap brand when I get around to buying some.

To move in it is first month’s rent and a one month deposit. So, $2k total. We’ll split the utilities and cable three ways. I always leave the lights, TVs and AC units on when I'm asleep and/or out of the apartment. But, hey, it is split 3 ways so I don't care. Sometimes I forget to pay for a few months, but I want the money from you each month anyway. If the cable or power gets cut off, I may need for you to charge it to your credit card and I’ll take it out of your next month’s rent. Eyy, I can live with no cable and electric, but you can’t. Right?
Read more.

3 comments:

BlogBloggers said...

As financing gets tighter and the stress continues for all those apartment buying financing. Manny of New York City management companies and NYC developers looking to list out their condominiums (Condos), Lofts and apartments for rent as a NO FEE Rentals all Over Manhattan including Battery Park, West Village, Chelsea, Tribeca, Financial District, Flatiron, Hudson heights, UES, UWS. Visit New York City Apartments at www.apartments-new-york-city.com

BlogBloggers said...

The Manhattan MLS listings just got better with few companies now offering comprehensive apartment and real estate search such as halstead . VOWNYC.com Prudential condo domain and more.

Data Entry Professionals said...

The Manhattan MLS listings just got better with few companies now offering comprehensive apartment and real estate search such as halstead . VOWNYC.com Prudential condo domain and more. Manhattan Apartments