Monday, December 07, 2009

Don't Pull Our Coffee (!)

As we speak, 1Ls are taking their contracts exams. Good luck! (Although wishing you luck as a group is some what paradoxical, because you all get a B+, on average. So don't worry.)

But, on to more important things - WHY DID THEY TAKE AWAY THE COFFEE AT 10.15 AM ON SATURDAY.

Some background: as you guys know, the Law School has graciously provided coffee for the morning exams (one time they even gave breakfast and other times candy). Anyway, there has always been coffee, and they've typically kept it out until noon or so.

But this time - when I was taking our first exam - they took the coffee away before 10.15 AM. How do I know? Because I desperately, desperately needed some caffeine to power me through my Criminal Investigations final, and I couldn't get it. The coffee was gone. Gone! It was just cruel - at first I thought I was looking in the wrong WB "lounge" but no. The coffee was gone.

I'm going to file a Rest. § 90 claim against the school: I justifiable relied on coffee being there for exams - as it has been the past four semesters - and it got taken away. Almost certainly to my detriment. I was on track for an A+, but without a much-needed infusion of caffeine . . .

Obviously, I'll bring some (more) of my own coffee next time, but I'm just sayin'.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

"The Horror! The Horror!"

Anonymous said...

I was so startled...

Anonymous said...

i bet the rex e lee society took it

Anonymous said...

Meh, if they're going to put it out at all, may as well leave it out all day. The cost has already been sunk.

Anonymous said...

http://www.xoxohth.com/thread.php?thread_id=1158187&mc=26&forum_id=2#13476330

Anonymous said...

12(f) maybe time for another 2L job poll? Interested to see if the numbers have improved over the past month. Also one for 3Ls? TYIA

Anonymous said...

don't need coffee to get As

-MORMON SECURE

Anonymous said...

FIRST!

Anonymous said...

Yikes. But, if this happens again, make a quick trip to the book store for one of those iced coffee drinks, a coke, or one of those insane energy drinks...

Anonymous said...

If this person had come to UVa, s/he would be on NGSL:

http://abovethelaw.com/2009/12/study_group_at_columbia_requir.php

Anonymous said...

Who is Rogan Nunn?

http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2009/12/10/on-crushing-your-first-year-exams-advice-from-some-who-did/